After a four-year-long-battle at the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities Legal Division, Partner Diane Mokriski secured a final decision for the defense in an action alleging discrimination in the award of state subcontracts. The complainant, a minority and female business owner, alleged that the defendant, a large contractor with the State of Connecticut, had discriminated against the complainant when it declined to award the complainant with a lucrative subcontract. The complainant also alleged that the defendant company had violated statutory and contractual requirements in the bidding process, which mandated good faith efforts to subcontract with minority-owned businesses. Following extensive witness testimony and written and oral argument, the CHRO’s Legal Division found in favor of OAM’s client, dismissing the complaint in its entirety, on the merits.
- OAM Employment Group Partner Wins Dismissal of Discrimination Action Filed Against State Contractor
- It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of our friend, colleague and partner, Gary Attmore.
- OAM Preserves Favorable Ruling for Client
- OAM Partners Obtain Summary Judgment Ruling In Favor of Insurance Carrier In Crumbling Concrete Actions
- OAM Partners Present Premises Liability Seminar
- OAM Attorneys Attend Cannabis Insurance Conference
- OAM Partner Wins Trial for Common Interest Ownership Community Board of Directors
- Congratulations to Our Two New Partners
- Judgment for Insurer in Breach of Contract Action
- The 3rd Annual Baskets for Breast Cancer Auction was a huge success!
Attorney BFDH Business CATIC CBA claim Connecticut Connecticut Supreme Court copyright Court CUIPA CUTPA defense Diane Mokriski Erin A. Mutty FDCC foreclosure Foxwoods Hartford homeowner insurance Joseph Andriola jury law Lawyer Limberger litigation Massachusetts Michael D. O'Connell Michael O'Connell mock trial O'Connell OAM OAMLAW Partners Plaintiff property real estate Simon J. Brighenti Supreme Court Susan Miller Title trademark West Springfield YALE