After a four-year-long-battle at the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities Legal Division, Partner Diane Mokriski secured a final decision for the defense in an action alleging discrimination in the award of state subcontracts. The complainant, a minority and female business owner, alleged that the defendant, a large contractor with the State of Connecticut, had discriminated against the complainant when it declined to award the complainant with a lucrative subcontract. The complainant also alleged that the defendant company had violated statutory and contractual requirements in the bidding process, which mandated good faith efforts to subcontract with minority-owned businesses. Following extensive witness testimony and written and oral argument, the CHRO’s Legal Division found in favor of OAM’s client, dismissing the complaint in its entirety, on the merits.
- Advanced Fire Investigation Analysis
- February 20th Tax Appeal Deadline
- Congratulations to Attorney Stan Maslona on receiving full economic damages for his client.
- O’Connell, Attmore & Morris, LLC is pleased to announce the addition of four new attorneys to our firm.
- OAM Employment Group Partner Wins Dismissal of Discrimination Action Filed Against State Contractor
- It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of our friend, colleague and partner, Gary Attmore.
- OAM Preserves Favorable Ruling for Client
- OAM Partners Obtain Summary Judgment Ruling In Favor of Insurance Carrier In Crumbling Concrete Actions
- OAM Partners Present Premises Liability Seminar
- OAM Attorneys Attend Cannabis Insurance Conference
accounting Appeal Attorney BFDH Business car CATIC CBA Connecticut Connecticut Supreme Court copyright Court CUIPA CUTPA defense Diane Mokriski discrimination FDCC fire foreclosure Foxwoods Hartford insurance jury law Lawyer litigation Maslona Massachusetts Michael D. O'Connell Michael O'Connell mock trial O'Connell OAM OAMLAW Partners Plaintiff property real estate Supreme Court Susan Miller trademark vehicle West Springfield YALE